A saree is one of my most favorite Indian ensembles that never loses its charm. You can wear it all year round whether it’s at a formal or casual party, bridal wear, a wedding celebration or a date night. You can never go wrong with a saree! Also, what makes sarees look interesting and their best are the jewelry that accompanies them. Jewelry plays a critical role in building an outfit. Women today want to look modern and contemporary and are bringing their unique styles into how they style their sarees and jewelry.
Sarees are presented today with innovative and modern silhouettes in creative draping styles. Let’s take a look at few Bollywood hotties inspiring us with their latest saree/ jewelry styles and trends for 2019.
1. Anushka Sharma- oozes royalty in green Sabyasachi saree accompanied by a delicate choker necklace set. Again, Anushka looks like a goddess as she elegantly pulls off a good pale green coloured drape that’s been accessorised by pearl choker necklace and earrings. View our splendid 22K gold choker necklaces.
(Click on each jewelry image for additional details.)
2. Shilpa Shetty Kundra- gives us some major saree goals by her aesthetic saree sense and style. Check out her ruffled, printed saree with heavy diamond drop earrings. Also, see how she has sizzled up a plain saree with a metallic belt. Plain sarees are a huge trend this season. Take a peek at our traditional 22K gold belts or vaddanams.
3. Kangana Ranaut- is personifying elegance in a net fabric saree which is exceptionally decorated with embroidery lace work in off white colour. She further grabs attention by accessorizing this with a delicate choker necklace. Kangana again stands out in an ethnic Gaurang saree, matching jooties and choker. We love the subtle edginess of her whole look!
4. Deepika Padukone- slays it in every outfit, be it at the airport or on the red carpet! Here she is adorned in a customized saree from the studios of designer duo Abu Jani-Sandeep Khosla with a stunning red zardosi blouse and heavy chandbalis. She again steals our heart in a red drape with a layered necklace set. Deepika is really redefining the long pallu trend. Take a peek at our beautiful temple jewelry necklace collection.
5. Alia Bhatt- flaunts a red, floral saree with chandbalis and looked every bit gorgeous in it. Alia Bhatt's playful and pink textured saree will make for the perfect addition to a millennial's wardrobe! Alia has been giving stylists some major inspiration and we love all her looks so far. We carry ethnic 22K gold Hyderabadi chandbalis that can totally slay a traditional look.
Taking inspiration from these stars we can see that keeping it simple is elegant. Your jewelry should be subtle and gently highlight your outfit and overall appearance.
2019 Style & Trends-
- Unique & delicate choker necklaces;
- Refreshing bold and pastel colors;
- Floral prints;
- Heavy traditional drop earrings like jhumkis or chandbalis;
- Layered necklaces;
- Innovative styled sarees and
- Lots of shimmer are the new trend setters going forward.