Pairing Indian jewelry with western outfits can be bit tricky, but if done right, the blend of western wear and ethnic Indian jewelry can look dazzling and pretty unique. Having lived in New Jersey for over two decades, I've had to learn how to style my collection of Indian jewelry with western outfits. Being able to wear and flaunt my love for Indian jewelry at parties, evening get-togethers, girls night outs, and more makes me feel really good!
Let's take a look at our Bollywood Divas and borrow a few tips from them on how to best style our traditional Indian 22K gold jewelry with simple, elegant and fancy western wear:
1. It's hard to believe, but Temple Jewelry looks classic with a stylish evening top, plain gown or even on formal plain shirts. Below you can see Deepika Padukone looking absolutely stunning pairing chunky 22k gold Temple jewelry with a formal white shirt along with an embroidered ethnic coat or an elegant top. She has kept her hair and make-up simple keeping the focus on the intricate jewelry adorned. Temple jewelry often feature large motifs of Lakshmi goddess and other Hindu gods and these tend to have high carving and handiwork taking days of labor. They look regal and have an evergreen touch. Here is a peek at few of our pieces-
2. Make your simple western party wear grand by accessorizing with traditional uncut diamond jewelry. Select plain dresses or gowns and wear a statement uncut diamond necklace or choker to enhance your entire look. Keep it simple, too many statement necklaces, rings or bracelets can be very loud and distracting. Here we have two Bollywood divas Sonam Kapoor and Shilpa Shetty who are dressed to kill! They both have made a style statement with their beautiful uncut diamond jewelry and shown us that traditional Indian jewelry can elevate your entire western look from gorgeous to stunning! Take a look at our uncut diamond necklaces-
3. Jhumkis, traditional bell shaped drop earrings are not just meant to be paired with Indian ethnic wear. Try them with skinny pants, denim shirts, pencil skirts, or even stylish dresses and gowns. Here Sonam Kapoor a popular fashion trend setter shows how classy jhumkis can look on an evening gown. She makes the most unconventional pairing look absolutely dazzling. Today, jhumkis come in a variety of styles and designs from plain gold, uncut diamond to drop earrings studded with precious gems like rubies and emeralds. Here are a few of our top sellers.
4. My all time favorite Chand balis is a great way to fusion ethnic style with western outfits. These traditional moon drop earrings go with almost everything. You can team chand balis with casual jeans, jumpsuit, long skirts, dresses, or western collared shirts. Here Bollywood actress Aditi Rao Hydari look splendid in her chand balis. The black color outfit really brings out the vibrancy and uniqueness of these lovely Indian earrings which is breathtaking!
5. Indian gold jewelry can be casually paired with western outfits to make a unique style statement. Pairing long 22K gold necklaces with your formal shirts, jump suits can add magic to your style while maintaining your sophisticated look. Here we see Alia Bhatt looking stunning in a simple long gold necklace paired with white top and shorts. Again, Alia selected to wear broad gold kadas and chand balis with a simple white dress, drawing all attention to the beautiful Indian jewelry which goes perfectly with her attire. Try mixing and matching your Indian jewelry with your everyday and western party wear and see what a unique style expression you make!